7th June 2018 – Annual canal boat trip with the Willow Trust
- June 7, 2018
- Saul Junction, Frampton on Severn, GL2 7LA
http://www.willowtrust.org/ from Saul Junction, more details nearer the time.
Leonard Matchan and Spirit of Freedom II were both purpose- built for The Willow Trust designed to provide access for all – whatever their disability – however profound. There is ample parking alongside the boats at our moorings and free car park passes are provided for all our guests.
Wide heavy-duty ramps ensure easy and safe access onto the boats and once on board the facilities include:
- Full Wheelchair access to all areas including the wheelhouse so that all our guests can take a turn at the helm
- Toilets include electric hoist and an adult changing bed
- Boat-wide access to a hearing induction loop
- Low windows for full views of the countryside
- Guests are welcome to steer the boats
- There is a hydraulic lift to the aft deck which can accommodate even the largest wheelchairs
- There are sundecks and a bridge deck
- The interior is comfortable, spacious and heated
- Each of our boats can carry 30 guests including carers